The mandate of the Department is as follows:
Initiate develop and prioritize agricultural projects and programmes, and to coordinate the planning activities of the various Departments within the Ministry.
The Department is structured as follows:
- Collaboration and Partnership (C&P) Division;
- Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Division;
- Planning, Policy and Programmes (PP&P) Division;
- Research & Statistics (R&S) Division; and
- ICT Communications Services (ICT) Division.
The mandate of the department is as follows:
- Initiating, formulating and coordinating policies in the Agricultural sector;
- Coordinating, monitoring and evaluating activities in the Agricultural sector;
- Maintaining a comprehensive and up to date database on the agricultural sector;
- Facilitating strategies and implementation plans for national food securities and sustainable livelihood;
- Conducting socio-economic research and feasibility study on agribusiness undertaking;
- Coordinating the implementation of the Comprehensive Africa Agricultural Development Programme (CAADP) Framework and the New Alliance for Food Security and Nutrition intervention;
- Coordinating Agricultural Policy development analysis and implementation;
- Coordinating data/information collection, processing, management and dissemination in the sector; and
- Facilitating computer training and information technology support.
Director P&PC: Ibrahim Bello
Departmental Email: [email protected]